Here’s what’s happening in my life right now:
- getting ready for the Halloween party we’re having for seven of the girls’ friends on Sunday afternoon: we’ve got all the game/craft supplies and the goody bags are filled, but still need to decorate the inside of the house and make the pumpkin cake bars and vampire red velvet cupcakes
- First quarter ends today, and grades are due Tuesday morning at 8 AM, which means I’ve got comments to write for all my students, 18 Lear projects to grade, 18 Lear blogs to grade, 40 pieces of grammar homework and around 28 analytical paragraphs to grade
- Girl Scout cookies are coming in, which means I’ll be collecting money, helping sort a little over 1500 boxes of cookies Friday evening, picking up the cookies we sold, and passing them out over the next week or so
- getting prepared for the big Girl Scout winter encampment happening in early November, which is a bit of an organizational nightmare but will be a lot of fun…..once we get there.
- working with seniors as they revise and draft college essays for upcoming deadlines; definitely one of my favorite parts of my job, but adds to the general feeling of urgency everywhere I turn
However, I’m also happy not to have strep throat again like last year (knock on wood) and not feeling quite as overwhelmed as I did at this point last year. The girls’ costumes are all set and ready to go (Lucy changed her mind and will be Dorothy instead), cookies will be done well before Halloween begins, and while I’m definitely busy, I’m nowhere near as dragged down and slowly sinking as I was last year. Considering the September I had, I’m pretty proud of that feeling!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (and Other Delicious Pumpkin Recipes) (crazyadventuresinparenting.com)
- Weekend Menu Planning: Pumpkin Recipes for Cupcakes, Cookies, Cakes, Bread, and Muffins (blogher.com)
- Kids can help create these easy Halloween treats (knoxnews.com)